Alejandro Castrejon Hospitalized after Mendocino County Accident on Highway 101
Mendocino County, California (August 6, 2021) – Alejandro T. Castrejon, 24, sustained major injuries in a crash involving a big rig near Laytonville on Thursday afternoon, according to a report by the California Highway Patrol.
The collision happened at around 2:50 p.m. on Highway 101 near Steele Lane.
According to CHP, Castrejon was driving a 2005 Saturn northbound on Highway 101 when he drifted into the path of oncoming traffic and collided with a southbound 2012 Freightliner driven by a 63-year-old Williams man.
Alejandro Castrejon Injured in Mendocino County Crash on Highway 101
Castrejon was airlifted to Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital with major injuries.
The second driver was taken to Adventist Health Howard Memorial Hospital in Willits with minor injuries.
Both directions of Highway 101 were closed for the investigation.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.