The man was lying near the sidewalk with severe injuries and was taken to Community Regional Center for treatment
Fresno, Calif. – A man was seriously injured in a bicycle accident that happened at an intersection in Fresno on Saturday night.
Fresno police say the accident was reported at around 10 p.m. at Clinton Avenue and Van Ness Boulevard.
A man in his 30s was riding a bicycle and was struck by a vehicle.
Emergency crews responded to the scene and found the victim lying near the sidewalk with severe injuries and was taken to Community Regional Center for treatment.
The accident resulted in the closure of the roadway for several hours.
More details about the crash were not provided.
The accident remains under investigation.
Call Pacific Attorney Group Today for Legal Help
Traffic collisions involving bicyclists are often the most serious, leaving victims with catastrophic and potentially fatal injuries. A bicycle accident may cause a range of injuries, including broken bones or fractures, head trauma and brain injury, neck, and spinal cord injury & catastrophic injuries, and permanent disability.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident caused by the negligent actions of another party, contact Pacific Attorney Group today to learn more about your right to compensation and the potential value of your claim. Click to call : 866-803-6502.
What To Do Immediately After A Car Accident
The aftermath of a car accident can be a traumatizing and disorienting experience. It is therefore important to stay calm and prioritize your safety and that of those involved in the crash. Below is a step-by-step guide on what to do to navigate the aftermath of a crash and protect your interests.
- Stay calm and check on injuries. – Calmly assess yourself for injuries before making sure everyone else is okay.
- Prioritize safety – Move your vehicle to a safe location and activate the hazard lights to alert other drivers. Exit the vehicle to avoid the risk of secondary collisions.
- Contact the police and emergency services – Call the police as soon as possible and ask for an ambulance if anyone has been injured. The police will document the incident and prepare a report of the incident.
- Exchange information – Exchange contact and insurance information with all the involved parties. If there are witnesses, try to get their contact information as well.
- Document the accident- Take photos of the accident scene, including the damage to vehicles, license plates, and the surrounding area. Keep copies of the police report, medical bills, injury treatment plans, and any other documents related to the accident.
- Do not admit fault – Provide accurate information to the police and don’t talk with the other parties’ insurance companies before speaking to your attorney. Also, avoid signing any documents without a clear understanding of their implications.
- Contact your insurance company – Notify your insurance company as soon as possible and provide them with accurate information about the accident.
- Seek medical treatment – It is advisable to seek medical attention regardless of the severity of your injuries since some injuries may not be immediately apparent.
- Call a car accident lawyer – A personal injury attorney will help you understand your legal options and assist you in filing a personal injury claim if necessary.