Angel Rodriguez Arrested after Major Injury Santa Ana Accident on Corta Drive and Edinger Avenue
Santa Ana, California (August 10, 2021) – A man was arrested on DUI charges following a traffic crash that left another person in critical condition on Wednesday night in Santa Ana, according to police.
The collision happened in the area of Corta Drive and Edinger Avenue shortly before 9 p.m. August 4.
Police said a gray SUV was heading west on Edinger Avenue when it was struck by an eastbound white van that was trying to turn left onto Corta Drive.
Angel Rodriguez Arrested after Santa Ana Car Accident
Police said the driver of the SUV was taken to an area hospital in critical condition.
The driver of the van, identified as Angel Rodriguez, 26, was also hospitalized and later charged for DUI causing great bodily injuries.
Tips on What to do after a Car Accident in California
- Always stop and remain at the scene.
- Check if you or your passengers have been injured. In case someone is hurt, call emergency services or ask someone else to help.
- Get to safety – If your car is drivable, move it to a safe area. If it’s not, turn your hazard lights on and set up flares.
- Call 911 to report the accident.
- Never discuss or admit fault. Instead, wait for a police officer and insurance companies representatives to figure out the fault.
- Document the accident and exchange information with other drivers.
If you or your loved one has been injured in a car accident and need legal help, call our law firm at Click to call : 866-803-6502 and talk to an accident attorney.